An adjustment represents a cashflow in Kooltra. To post an adjustment, click on Settlements > Adjustment in the right-hand navigation pane.
Types of Adjustments
The types of adjustments that can be inserted are:
- Nostro Credit - Credits (adds) the specified amount to a Nostro account.
- Nostro Debit - Debits (decreases) the specified amount to a Nostro account.
- Nostro Transfer - Transfers money between Nostro accounts. This involves debiting the Nostro specified in Client field, and crediting the Nostro specified in To field.
- Vostro Credit - Credits (adds) the specified amount to a Vostro account.
- Vostro Debit - Debits (decreases) the specified amount to a Vostro account.
- Vostro Transfer - Transfers money between Vostro accounts. This involves debiting the Vostro specified in the Client field, and crediting the Vostro specified in To field.
- Wire-in - Represents funds (money) flowing into your business. This type of adjustment will credit the account in the Client field and credit the Nostro.
- Wire-out - Represents funds (money) flowing out of your business. This type of adjustment will debit the account in the Client field and debit the Nostro.
All adjustments have subtypes. Subtypes can be set up in Entity Settings. Examples of subtypes include bank fee adjustments, interest adjustments and equity adjustments.
Posting an Adjustment
The most common types of adjustments are wire-ins and wire-outs. The video below shows a wire-in being posted for Acme Corp.
If adjustments are posted without checking off the Complete checkbox, they are Open and will appear on the Pending Settlements card in the Settlement Processor. If an adjustment is marked as Complete, then it will be closed automatically after insertion.
Cancelling an Adjustment
When a cashflow is created in error or need to be removed, you may change or nullify the cashflow by:
1. Navigating to Settlements > Bank Accounts
2. Selecting checkbox next to the Nostro that money was deposited to then click Load at the bottom. Please note that you may need to change the date range at the top of the page for when the cashflow was entered.
3. After clicking on Load, you should find right-hand panel load cashflows within date range selected.
4. Click on the desired cashflow to open the cashflow ticket and click Delete.
Editing an Adjustment
When a cashflow is created with inaccurate data, you may edit or change the information by closing and re-opening the cashflow ticket. Update the necessary fields with the correct data and click Modify to save the changes.
adjustment, nostro credit, nostro debit, vostro credit, vostro debit, vostro transfer, wire